JOIN OUR TEAM
DECANTT Organized Living is always looking for amazing people to join the team.
Based in Durham Region, DECANTT is a full-service firm specializing in design focused home organization, space planning and client moves. Our mission is to help busy professionals and families simplify their lives with beautifully organized spaces that maximize efficiency and foster a sense of calm.
If you have a passion for transforming lives through organization and a desire to contribute to a high performing team – we would love to connect with you!
We are currently hiring Organizers to assist with projects on an as-needed, per job basis.
As an Organizer, you will work alongside a Lead Organizer to declutter, sort and organize clients’ homes and offices.
Previous professional organizing experience is not required, but a passion for organizing and fun is a must!
- Status: Part-Time / On Call
- Approx. 5 – 25 hours/week (hours are not guaranteed).
- Need to be available to work 2-4 days/week.
- Project hours range from 9:00am – 3pm Monday to Friday, with the expectation that some days will start earlier or run later.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working with clients to create customized organizational systems that support their goals and lifestyle.
- Sorting, moving and tagging items.
- Creating logical groupings for client review and/or working directly with client to edit belongings.
- Placing donations, recycling, shredding and trash into appropriate onsite receptacles.
- Using organizing supplies to create systems, as directed by the Owner and/or Lead Organizer.
- Labelling bins, boxes, containers, etc.
- Assembling small furniture items (storage boxes, shelving units etc.).
- Maintaining a tidy and professional environment.
- Assisting with managing and tracking organizational materials and supplies.
- Transporting organizing materials, supplies, donations, recycling, shredding and trash to appropriate offsite locations, as required.
- Performing other duties related to the daily administration of client projects.
- Updating company scheduling program with availability.
- Reviewing schedule daily for upcoming assigned projects.
- Entering time and expenses into tracker on a daily basis.
- Coordinating with Owner and/or Lead Organizer regarding pre-project assistance, project review, travel, etc.
- Reviewing client folders and to-do’s prior to and during each project.
- Taking and uploading photos and summary information throughout client project.
- Completing inventory counts at the end of each session.
- Additional off-site/in office hours may be required to support product planning, product shopping/returns, team building, etc.
You may be a great fit, if:
- You’re organized, responsible, respectful and trustworthy.
- You take ownership of your work and desire to meet the high standards of the company.
- You respect confidentiality
- You’re a good listener and you strive to create the ultimate client experience.
- You’re hard working with stamina for long, physically demanding days.
- You’re detail oriented and able to manage several tasks at the same time.
- You’re punctual, reliable, personable and empathetic.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizing comes naturally to you and you have a basic understanding of organizing techniques.
- You love being part of a team, but can also work independently.
- You’re comfortable using technology (e.g., iPhone photo streams, Google docs, notes, cloud based apps/systems).
- You’re able to lift 40 pounds and are comfortable bending, squatting, climbing stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- You have access to reliable transportation and can accommodate donation drop offs and product supplies.
- You have a computer and cell phone.
- You’re self motivated, eager to learn and take direction well.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please complete the form below thoroughly.